Position: Finance Analyst
Location: Walthamstow, London
Reports to: FP&A Manager
Start date: ASAP
A bit about us...
An unlikely mob of painters, jazz musicians, basketball players and barbers, brought together by a love of specialty coffee and all of the creative cultures in its orbit. We make plant based, 100% vegan products to lift your coffee and your mind- be that the comfort of your home or in your favourite local spot. Balancing out our impact on the world is the least we can do. But our vision spans beyond the present, and there is plenty more work to be done…
Minor Figures is growing fast, experiencing 100%+ revenue growth with teams in the UK, Australia, and US. We are building our finance function to be a key business partner to the business providing reporting, compliance, analysis, and insight to accelerate and strategically support the growth.
The finance analyst is a crucial role to the success of the FP&A function. The role will support the FP&A manager in the key areas of planning, cashflow, commercial reporting and analysis. The primary objective of the role is supporting the FP&A manager as we build and implement a FP&A function providing the business with reporting and analysis to support the rapid growth. This is a new role that will works closely with management accounts team and operational managers and for the right individual the opportunity to create and grow this with the business. We are a small but fast-growing team, and we expect this individual to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the finance function.
- Assisting with the monthly forecasting of sales and production with sales and operational teams
- Support FP&A manager with the quarterly reforecast process across all three regions
- Responsibility for forecasting key P&L lines and working with the business on actual performance.
- Working with the 3 regions collating data and reporting to ensure we have an effective reforecast process
- Involvement in reporting and presentation of forecasts
- Key involvement in the annual budget cycle.
- Performing scenarios analysis and sensitivities on the forecasts.
- Business partnering with sales and marketing teams on delivery of the budget and forecasts.
- Developing and support implementation of weekly trading reports
- Investigating key variances to budget and presenting for discussion
- Producing month end reporting and analysis, highlighting key variances, business partnering with key functions:
o Supply chain
- Manipulate underlying systems and data to develop key reporting and KPIs for the business
- Support the month end management reporting by providing key reports and analysis
- Perform variance analysis on month end reporting highlight key risks and opportunities
- Support the FP&A manager on weekly/monthly cashflow reporting Analysis and Ad Hoc
- Support the FP&A manager in implementing a new BI tool
- Performing analysis as required on key issues/decision making
- New reporting building to support the business
- Assisting FD with AD hoc projects
- Systems change and implementation (as required)
- Assist FC on month & year end (as required)
- Ownership, production, and accuracy of timely commercial reporting
- Providing insight into key business issues or variances
- Developing processes and reporting to support future growth
- Part qualified and studying towards a recognised accounting body qualification
- Experience of working in a FP&A function with FMCG
- Experiences of implementing and running weekly and monthly commercial reporting
- Key involvement in the budgeting/re-forecasting process
- Ability to manipulate date and produce analysis
- Building reports and implementing BI tools
- Problem solver with a knack for getting to root of problems and variances • Business partnering experience with key operational areas/territories. • Advanced excel knowledge
- Working in an environment of constant change where not everything works Desirable
- Experience with Xero, Unleashed, Power BI
- Implementation of BI tools
- Worked in a fast growth environment
- Ability to implement change
- An ambassador of the Minor Figures brand
- Sense of fun, adventure, hands on person and a can-do approach
- Not phased by constant change and challenges and willing to adapt and implement solutions
- Willingness to help in all areas of finance when needed
- Excellent communication skills and self motivated with an ability to grow the role with the business